Australia's Barossa Valley provides the finest Shiraz grapes from the low-yielding, hand-pruned vines of Bethany Wines' estate to create this vibrant red wine. Fermented on skins in the traditional manner for six days, with juice being racked from the skins and returned for optimal colour and fine tannin extraction. Further fermentation follows, before maturation in French and American oak for two years.
The result is a wine of deep, vibrant red-black colour showing a wonderful bouquet of dark briary fruits and lifted spice. The palate is elegant yet full flavoured, bringing black cherry and dark chocolate ganache, alongside fine tannins and an acidity backbone. The lingering finish is a delightful blend of dark berry fruit, spicy overtones and restrained oak characters. Try with grilled steak, fresh field mushrooms. tomato-based casseroles. or mature cheddar.
The Schrapel family planted their first Barossa Valley vineyards in Bethany in 1852, so establishing Bethany Wines. Now run by fifth and sixth generations of the family, they continue to work with minimal intervention to reflect the purest expression of their vineyard terroirs and the unique Barossa microclimate. Bethany Wines' philosophy is to produce exceptional, elegant, food-friendly wines with a true sense of place.
|Region/Appellation:||South Australia/Barossa Valley|
Bouquet of dark briary fruits and lifted spice. The palate is elegant yet full flavoured, bringing black cherry and dark chocolate ganache, alongside fine tannins and an acidity backbone. The lingering finish is a delightful blend of dark berry fruit, spicy overtones and restrained oak characters.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Beef|Mushroom|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket