Australia's Barossa Valley provides the finest Shiraz grapes from the low-yielding, hand-pruned vines of Bethany Wines' estate to create this vibrant red wine. Fermented on skins in the traditional manner for six days, with juice being racked from the skins and returned for optimal colour and fine tannin extraction. Further fermentation follows, before maturation in French and American oak for two years.
The result is a wine of deep, vibrant red-black colour showing a wonderful bouquet of dark briary fruits and lifted spice. The palate is elegant yet full flavoured, bringing black cherry and dark chocolate ganache, alongside fine tannins and an acidity backbone. The lingering finish is a delightful blend of dark berry fruit, spicy overtones and restrained oak characters. Try with grilled steak, fresh field mushrooms. tomato-based casseroles. or mature cheddar.
The Schrapel family planted their first Barossa Valley vineyards in Bethany in 1852, so establishing Bethany Wines. Now run by fifth and sixth generations of the family, they continue to work with minimal intervention to reflect the purest expression of their vineyard terroirs and the unique Barossa microclimate. Bethany Wines' philosophy is to produce exceptional, elegant, food-friendly wines with a true sense of place.
|Region/Appellation:||South Australia/Barossa Valley|
Bouquet of dark briary fruits and lifted spice. The palate is elegant yet full flavoured, bringing black cherry and dark chocolate ganache, alongside fine tannins and an acidity backbone. The lingering finish is a delightful blend of dark berry fruit, spicy overtones and restrained oak characters.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Beef|Mushroom|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery