The Bernard Series from South Africa's Bellingham Estate is dedicated to their founder, Bernard Podlashuk. This Pinotage hand harvests from a prized 43 year old bush vine block in Stellenbosch with granite soils and low yields. Fermented in open French oak barrels with daily punch-downs and malolactic fermentation in barrels, 50% of the wine was then matured in new French oak and 50% in second fill barrels for a period of 12 months.
Deep ruby with tints of purple on the rim, it shows liberal aromas of black cherry, ripe mulberry and raspberry confit. The palate brings plum pudding, smoked meat and savoury hints of truffle, as well as good spice oak integration on the long, succulent finish. It promises to develop savoury richness and secondary intrigue for up to 10 years in bottle. Try with duck, lamb and beef, barbecue cuisine, or mature, hard and smoked cheeses.
The Bellingham Estate has a wealth of history, with the first vines planted by French Huguenot descendants in 1693 , before passing through the families until the production of Franschoek, and the Cape's, first rose wine in 1949, followed by the first varietal Shiraz in 1956. Today, while still inspired by its history of innovation, Bellingham is firmly set in the 21st century, producing contemporary, structured wines with an unmistakable sense of place and style.
Winner of Silver at the 2021 Decanter World Wines Awards.
Liberal aromas of black cherry, ripe mulberry and raspberry confit. The palate brings plum pudding, smoked meat and savoury hints of truffle, as well as good spice oak integration on the long, succulent finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Duck|Lamb|Beef|Barbecue|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|Smoked Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery