Barao de Vilar's superb 10 year old Tawny Port from winemaker Álvaro van Zeller is patiently matured for 10 years in seasoned oak casks, acquiring a softened mellow texture. A classic blend of traditional red varieties of Douro including Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Barroca.
Deliciously smooth with an intense complex nose which complements the appealing raisin fruit running throughout. A delicious wine to accompany a range of desserts from sweet creme brulee, apple pie or ice-cream, to mince pies, nut pastries or creamy cheeses.
The Van Zeller family connection to the wine business dates back from the beginning of the 17th Century, as the biggest wine traders registered at that time. The ancestors of the Van Zeller family have devoted themselves to Barao de Vilar for 14 consecutive generations, still specialising in their Port and Douro wine trade roots.
Bottle Size 50cl
|Grape:||Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca and other varieties|
Deliciously smooth with an intense complex nose which complements the appealing raisin fruit running throughout
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Desserts|Pastries|Soft Cheese|
|Producer:||Barao de Vilar|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket