Barao de Vilar's Late Bottle Vintage is a blend of full, rich and fruity wines of a single year specially chosen for ageing from 4 to 6 years in oak casks prior to bottling. The Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Barroca grapes were foot trodden in granite lagares and stored in large oak vats (tonels).
Intense with depth of flavour and a powerful, attractive bouquet, it is bottled using the same technique as the Vintage Port, unfiltered, to retain as much character and depth as possible. Ready to drink now but will develop further in the bottle over several years. Recommend decanting prior to consumption due to natural deposits. Try with cakes filled with red or black fruit jams, tiramisú, cheeses or fruit ice-cream.
The Van Zeller family connection to the wine business dates back from the beginning of the 17th Century, as the biggest wine traders registered at that time. The ancestors of the Van Zeller family have devoted themselves to Barao de Vilar for 14 consecutive generations, still specialising in their Port and Douro wine trade roots.
|Grape:||Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca|
Intense with depth of flavour and a powerful, attractive bouquet, it is bottled using the same technique as the Vintage Port, unfiltered, to retain as much character and depth as possible. Rich black cherry, berries and plum.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Barao de Vilar|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery