Barao de Vilar's Late Bottle Vintage is a blend of full, rich and fruity wines of a single year specially chosen for ageing from 4 to 6 years in oak casks prior to bottling. The Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Barroca grapes were foot trodden in granite lagares and stored in large oak vats (tonels).
Intense with depth of flavour and a powerful, attractive bouquet, it is bottled using the same technique as the Vintage Port, unfiltered, to retain as much character and depth as possible. Ready to drink now but will develop further in the bottle over several years. Recommend decanting prior to consumption due to natural deposits. Try with cakes filled with red or black fruit jams, tiramisú, cheeses or fruit ice-cream.
The Van Zeller family connection to the wine business dates back from the beginning of the 17th Century, as the biggest wine traders registered at that time. The ancestors of the Van Zeller family have devoted themselves to Barao de Vilar for 14 consecutive generations, still specialising in their Port and Douro wine trade roots.
|Grape:||Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca|
Intense with depth of flavour and a powerful, attractive bouquet, it is bottled using the same technique as the Vintage Port, unfiltered, to retain as much character and depth as possible. Rich black cherry, berries and plum.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Barao de Vilar|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Barao De Vilar LBV 2014 Port
Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca