Asconi Winery are known for their highly popular modern and easy drinking wines that can accompany many a gathering. June is a perfect blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Feteasca Neagra from vineyards in the Codru region of Moldova. Grapes undergo 12-14 days of fermentation, twice undergoing delestage. No ageing presents a youthful wine with 6-8 years potential ion the bottle.
Red-purple in appearance, June explodes with aromas of ripe berries, cocoa and a touch of bell pepper. The palate brings together a plethora of fruit, including black cherry, pomegranate, blackcurrant, blackberry, plum and red berries. Balanced and soft, it is complemented by shades of fine cream on the finish. Try with oriental style lamb, lasagne or bolognese.
Asconi Winery was founded by the Sirbu family in 1994 (following the break up of the USSR) who invested heavily in their 500 hectare estate with a state of the art winery. Their vineyards are located near the village of Geamana in the district of Anenii Noi, nestled in the rolling hills which benefit from warm summers.
|Grape:||Merlot 50% Cabernet Sauvignon 30% Feteasca Neagra 20%|
Aromas of ripe berries, cocoa and a touch of bell pepper. The palate brings together black cherry, pomegranate, blackcurrant, blackberry, plum and red berries. Balanced and soft with shades of fine cream on the finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Beef|Lamb|East Asian dishes|Chinese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery