This limited release is a tribute Alfredo Nugan's vision and passion. Originally created for the Danish market where Italian wines are incredibly popular, this Amarone style wine has now gained a cult following in its homeland. Premium shiraz grapes sourced from the families vineyard create this quality wine. Once harvested the grapes are dried on specialised racks to create flavour intensity and richness. After fermentation the wine is matured in American and French oak for 18 months.
Aromas of cherry and plum with dark chocolate, earth & herbaceous notes. Followed by a palate of smoky black cherry and pepper with smooth velvety tannins. Try with veal, stew, roasted vegetables and aged cheeses.
The Nugan Group began in 1940 when Alfredo Nugan emigrated from Spain to start a fruit and vegetable packing company. In 1993 the group diversified by planting vineyards and selling fruit under contract; winemaking was a natural progression.
|Region/Appellation:||New South Wales/Riverina|
Aromas of cherry and plum with dark chocolate, earth & herbaceous notes. Followed by a palate of smoky black cherry and pepper with smooth velvety tannins.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Appassimento|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Veal|Roast vegetables|Mature Cheese|Stew/Casserole|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery