The Alejandro range of wines pride themselves on creating the best of European tastes with a South Australian twist, championing unusual and sometime forgotten grapes that thrive in the region. Durif grapes are grown in small bunches on an organic vineyard in the hot Riverland climate. Fermented with malolactic before part of the wine goes straight to American oak and the balance to old French.
This results in a rich wine - impenetrable inky black in colour with a very deep, dark red-black hue. Nose reveals morello cherry, liquorice and graphite scents followed by toasty oak and pepper. The palate is rich and robust, with ripe morello cherry and liquorice fruits framed by a stern tannin structure, lending a grippy feel to the finish. Dark plum, subtle earthy graphite and spice characters are also apparent, alongside bright youthful acidity. Try with grilled steak, rich stews/casseroles, or mature hard cheeses.
After a trip to Spain, Russell & Suitor winemaker Alex Russell launched his first label ‘Alejandro’ in 2014. Alex’s time abroad inspired him to explore the potential of locally grown grapes that respond exceedingly well to the South Australian climate with all the character and complexity of their Spanish counterparts.
Organic & Suitable for Vegans
Nose reveals morello cherry, liquorice and graphite scents followed by toasty oak and pepper. The palate is rich and robust, with ripe morello cherry and liquorice fruits framed by a stern tannin structure, lending a grippy feel to the finish. Dark plum, subtle earthy graphite and spice characters are also apparent, alongside bright youthful acidity.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Beef|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Russell & Suitor Wines|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery