This Spanish red wine hails from the Carinena region of Aragon, Spain. Garnacha grapes are harvested from vineyards of chalky-clay soils, 500-700m above sea level.
Deep ruby in colour, it shows juicy, sweet aromas of red fruit and rum, subtle mint and tobacco. The palate shows vanilla nuances, full soft tannins and dark red fruit with vanilla and berries on the finish. Try with red meats, hearty pulse and bean stews, charcuterie and cheese boards.
Pago Ayles in Carinena, dates back to the 12th Century when monks first tended the vines. It also lays claim to being the birth place of the artist Goya and has ‘Pago’ status, the highest award a winery can achieve under the Spanish system. Pago Ayles is the only estate to achieve this status within Aragon and 1 of only 18 in Spain.
Juicy, sweet aromas of red fruit and rum, subtle mint and tobacco. The palate shows vanilla nuances, full soft tannins and dark red fruit with vanilla and berries on the finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Aldeya Ayles Garnacha