This fine Chardonnay hails from the appellation of Puligny Montrachet in the Cote de Beaune, a small village area with many Grand and Premier Cru vineyards. Steep valley hills with excellent orientation and clay-limestone soils create ideal growing conditions. Domaine Alain Chavy have vineyards that use almost no chemicals apart for protection against mildew. All grapes are hand harvested and barrel fermented with 20% larger barrels to provide richness without overbearing oak expression. Low batonnage and malolactic fermentation, wines are not racked before September, with bottling as late as January, some 16 months after the harvest.
The result is an exotic and beguiling Puligny-Montrachet of golden appearance, bursting with ripe tropical fruit; pineapple and guava. This is balanced by a concentrated jet of lime acidity and a fragrance of spicy oak on a medium to full palate, with lingering texture on the finish. Try with delicate fish, chicken and pork dishes, mushrooms risotto, or creamy mild cheeses.
An exotic and beguiling Puligny-Montrachet of golden appearance, bursting with ripe tropical fruit; pineapple and guava. This is balanced by a concentrated jet of lime acidity and a fragrance of spicy oak on a medium to full palate, with lingering texture on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Chicken|Fish|Pork|Mushroom|Risotto|Mild Cheese|Soft Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine Alain Chavy|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery