This charming southern French red wine is produced by outstanding Languedoc-based winemakers Xavier Roger. The name 223 is derived from the growth cycle of the Grenache grape, exactly 223 days between the bud break in the Spring and the leaf fall in the Autumn.
Special selection of parcels from the best plots near the village of Cebazan results in deep berry, spice and white pepper aromas. The silky and voluptuous palate shows plum, blackberry and a hint of liquorice with a spicy herb finish. Try with slow roast lamb, beef bourguignon, lentil and bean bakes, or mature cheese.
Mastering the nuances of Southern French varietals and combining traditional and modern winemaking techniques, Xavier Roger wines are a superb example of the quality that are now being produced in the South of France. Using the best parcels in the area, for a range that is truly outstanding.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
Deep berry, spice and white pepper aromas. The silky and voluptuous palate shows plum, blackberry and a hint of liquorice with a spicy herb finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Beef|Pulses|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery