New Zealand's Zephyr hand pick the grapes for their Riesling from a Single Vineyard in Dillon's Point, Marlborough. Gentle whole bunch pressed cold and the free run kept separate to ensure vibrancy. Fined as juice, and left to settle at for a week before being racked off, warmed and fermented long and slow to ensure a ripe texture and elegant aromas. Finally cold settled again for 4 weeks before bottling.
Simple yet effective, this Riesling is pale straw in colour with aromas of ginger and green apple. The mouth watering citrus-forward palate shows quenching acidity and varietal elegance. Try with salads, seafood, sashimi, blue cheese or feta.
Zephyr is run by the fourth generation of the Glover family, Ben, who humbly refres to himself as the janitor. Their vineyards were planted in 1985 by the meandering Opawa River in the renowned Marlborough sub-region of Dillon's Point. Zephyr's aromatic white wines (Sauvignon, Gewurztraminer, Riesling) have an outstanding reputation, being compared to premium European appellations such as Graves. All the wines will have organic certification from the 2020 vintage.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Aromas of ginger and green apple. The mouth watering citrus-forward palate shows quenching acidity and varietal elegance.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Salad|Sushi|Blue Cheese|Feta|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket