Zephyr Pinot Noir
New Zealand's Zephyr hand pick the grapes for their Pinot Noir from a Single Vineyard in Dillon's Point, Marlborough. 100% de stemmed, with a cold soak before wild fermentation. Hand plunged, and rack and return once, before being pressed off gently after about 18 days on skins. Drained to French oak barrels (30% new oak) where it is left for 12 months of rest and malolactic fermentation.
This Pinot Noir shows a bright dark cherry hue with aromas of raspberries, wild forest berries and high notes of cedar and spice. The palate is rich and vibrant with primary notes of cherry, currants and wonderfully grainy French oak. Juicy, textural tannins lead on to a succulent lingering finish. Try with lamb, smoked fish, asparagus or nutty cheeses such as Gruyere.
Zephyr is run by the fourth generation of the Glover family, Ben, who humbly refres to himself as the janitor. Their vineyards were planted in 1985 by the meandering Opawa River in the renowned Marlborough sub-region of Dillon's Point. Zephyr's aromatic white wines (Sauvignon, Gewurztraminer, Riesling) have an outstanding reputation, being compared to premium European appellations such as Graves. All the wines will have organic certification from the 2020 vintage.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Pinot Noir 100%|
Aromas of raspberries, wild forest berries and high notes of cedar and spice. The palate is rich and vibrant with primary notes of cherry, currants and wonderfully grainy French oak. Juicy, textural tannins lead on to a succulent lingering finish.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Fish|Vegetables|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket