An excellent example of the native Austrian Zweigelt grape from Weinwurms winery. Grapes are manually harvested in mid October with a 10 day maceration before the wine spends 9 months in wooden barrels and bottle maturation for 6 months.
The result is a ruby red wine with aromas of juicy cherry and velvety tannins on the palate. While it is a denser wine, there is a freshness to the Zweigelt with toasted notes and a long finish. Try with pasta dishes, pizza, charcuterie or roasted vegetables.
Anton Weinwurm first planted a vineyard in the 1950s and since 2001, the 25 hectare estate has been run by Georg Weinwurm, a third generation winemaker. Located in the North-Eastern part of the Weinviertal, about 60 km from Vienna, the vineyards lie on soils of loess and clay with deep layers of gravel.
Aromas of juicy cherry and velvety tannins on the palate. While it is a denser wine, there is a freshness to the Zweigelt with toasted notes and a long finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Pizza|Charcuterie|Roast vegetables|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Weinwurms Zweigelt Red Schilling: