This Chilean Sangiovese from Vina Falernia uses hand picked grapes from the Elqui Valley region, where vineyards sit 2000m above sea level. This high altitude balances the region's closeness to the equator, bringing excellent sun and cool nights. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel with further skim contact following before 50% is matured in stainless steel, and 50% in French and American oak barrels for 3 months.
This creates a vibrant, juicy Sangiovese wine bursting with rich black cherry and red berry aromas. These fall on to the full-flavoured palate, filling the mouth alongside smooth tannins before a breath of vanilla on the long finish. try with tomato pasta dishes.
Vina Falernia was established in 1998 when its founder realised the potential for producing superb wines in the semi-arid Elqui Valley. Beginning as an innovative venture, it is Chile's most northern winery estate and worked with passion to transform a tract of desert into green vineyards. Vina Falernia has now succeeded in transforming itself into a premium wine producer with international recognition.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
A vibrant, juicy Sangiovese wine bursting with rich black cherry and red berry aromas. These fall on to the full-flavoured palate, filling the mouth alongside smooth tannins before a breath of vanilla on the long finish.
|World Type:||New World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Vina Falernia Elki Sangiovese: