The Toro de Piedra range from Vina Requingua uses grapes from vineyards in the Curico and Maule Valleys, where the mild Mediterranean-like climate and varied soils offer superb conditions. Specialising in French-Chilean wines, this Grand Reserve blends 88% Petit Verdot with 12% Cabernet Sauvignon. Following a 4 day cold soak, the wine is
macerated for 25 days before warm fermentation with daily remontage. The wine is aged for 12 months in both French and American oak barriques.
This creates a truly sumptuous wine with intense notes of spices, black fruit, berries,
minty chocolate and a smooth touch of vanilla. In the mouth it is lush and silky, with a spicy character and a juicy fruit leading to a long finish. Try with roasted vegetables or red meats such as beef and lamb. barbecue cuisine, or flavourful hard and semi-hard cheeses.
Santiago Achurra Larraín founded Vina Requingua in 1961 and it has grown to be amongst Chile’s top 20 producers. Winemaking is led by Benoit Fitte, who left his native France to join the winery in 2001. This has resulted in a range of unique wines that beautifully showcase French traditional and South American grapes, often blended to perfection.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Petit Verdot 88% Cabernet Sauvignon 12%|
|Region/Appellation:||Central Valley/Curico Valley|
Intense notes of spices, black fruit, berries, minty chocolate and a smooth touch of vanilla. In the mouth it is lush and silky, with a spicy character and a juicy fruit leading to a long finish.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Roast vegetables|Beef|Lamb|Barbecue|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket