The Toro de Piedra range from Vina Requingua uses grapes from vineyards in the Curico and Maule Valleys, where the mild Mediterranean-like climate and varied soils offer superb conditions. Specialising in French-Chilean wines, this Grand Reserve blends Carmenere and Cabernet Sauvignon with warm fermentation and daily remontage. The wine is then aged for 12 months in both French and American oak barriques.
This creates a complex and serious wine. The nose shows dark fruits, a mixture of spices and some leather. Firm tannins support palate flavours of bitter chocolate, roasting coffee and dark intense fruits. Structured and intense. Try with rich duck dishes, barbecue cuisine, beef brisket, or hard mature cheeses.
Santiago Achurra Larraín founded Vina Requingua in 1961 and it has grown to be amongst Chile’s top 20 producers. Winemaking is led by Benoit Fitte, who left his native France to join the winery in 2001. This has resulted in a range of unique wines that beautifully showcase French traditional and South American grapes, often blended to perfection.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Carménère 60% Cabernet Sauvignon 40%|
|Region/Appellation:||Central Valley/Curico Valley|
The nose shows dark fruits, a mixture of spices and some leather. Firm tannins support palate flavours of bitter chocolate, roasting coffee and dark intense fruits. Structured and intense.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Duck|Barbecue|Beef|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Toro de Piedra Grand Reserve Carmenere-Cabernet:
Carménère 60% Cabernet Sauvignon 40%