The Toro de Piedra range from Vina Requingua uses grapes from vineyards in the Curico and Maule Valleys, where the mild Mediterranean-like climate and varied soils offer superb conditions. Specialising in French-Chilean wines, this Grand Reserve Carignan harvests from 40 year old vines, with ageing for 12 months in French oak barriques which have a minimum age of 3 years.
A lovely, herbal and fragrant wine with exceptionally smooth tannins. The palate is full of luscious red berry fruit before a strong, spicy finish. Try with rich turkey, duck or pork dishes, savoury mushrooms, charred vegetables, or Parmesan, Gouda, and mature Cheddar.
Santiago Achurra Larraín founded Vina Requingua in 1961 and it has grown to be amongst Chile’s top 20 producers. Winemaking is led by Benoit Fitte, who left his native France to join the winery in 2001. This has resulted in a range of unique wines that beautifully showcase French traditional and South American grapes, often blended to perfection.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Region/Appellation:||Central Valley/Maule Valley|
A lovely, herbal and fragrant wine with exceptionally smooth tannins. The palate is full of luscious red berry fruit before a strong, spicy finish.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Turkey|Duck|Pork|Mushroom|Roast vegetables|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Toro de Piedra Grand Reserve Carignan