As the wine that was the inspiration for Turton Wines' founding, Georgian wine continues to have unrivalled breadth. Widely acknowledged as the origin of wine as we know it, Georgia began production over 8,000 years ago and has sites of ancient winemaking with protected status from UNESCO. Famed for their ancient Qvevri winemaking method and the ability to not only produce superb red, white and orange dry wines, but superb and quintessentially Georgian semi-sweet wines of all types.
One of Georgia's most well-regarded controlled appellations, wines from Mukuzani on the banks of the Alazani River typically undergo longer ageing in oak barrels to add depth and complexity. Tbilvino’s Mukuzani Special Reserve is produced in limited quantities each year with 100% of the wine aged in French oak barrels for 15 months.
This fine wine has a balanced and complex palate of tannins, dark fruit and vanilla. Tobacco, blackberry and blackcurrant notes give way to a long elegant finish. This is a serious wine with potential for long cellar ageing. A good match with smoked cheeses and most meats. It also pairs particularly well with “Bozbashi” (a traditional Georgian spicy tomato soup with large chunks of mutton or lamb meatballs), barbecued meats, braised lamb shank, and patés.
Tbilvino were established in 1962 and are a leading producer of Georgian wines. Their main winery and vineyards are rest in the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains in Kakheti overlooking the fertile Alazani River Valley, with a second winery in the capital, Tbilisi (Kartli). Their team of experienced winemakers and a mix of modern and traditional fermentation methods allow them to create a wide range of wine styles.
This fine wine has a balanced and complex palate of tannins, dark fruit, and vanilla. Tobacco, blackberry, and blackcurrant notes give way to a long elegant finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Lamb|Barbecue|Smoked Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery