Tbilvino Mukuzani Special Reserve
As the wine that was the inspiration for Turton Wines' founding, Georgian wine continues to have unrivalled breadth. Widely acknowledged as the origin of wine as we know it, Georgia began production over 8,000 years ago and has sites of ancient winemaking with protected status from UNESCO. Famed for their ancient Qvevri winemaking method and the ability to not only produce superb red, white and orange dry wines, but superb and quintessentially Georgian semi-sweet wines of all types.
One of Georgia's most well-regarded controlled appellations, wines from Mukuzani on the banks of the Alazani River typically undergo longer ageing in oak barrels to add depth and complexity. Tbilvino’s Mukuzani Special Reserve is produced in limited quantities each year with 100% of the wine aged in French oak barrels for 15 months.
This fine wine has a balanced and complex palate of tannins, dark fruit and vanilla. Tobacco, blackberry and blackcurrant notes give way to a long elegant finish. This is a serious wine with potential for long cellar ageing. A good match with smoked cheeses and most meats. It also pairs particularly well with “Bozbashi” (a traditional Georgian spicy tomato soup with large chunks of mutton or lamb meatballs), barbecued meats, braised lamb shank, and patés.
Tbilvino were established in 1962 and are a leading producer of Georgian wines. Their main winery and vineyards are rest in the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains in Kakheti overlooking the fertile Alazani River Valley, with a second winery in the capital, Tbilisi (Kartli). Their team of experienced winemakers and a mix of modern and traditional fermentation methods allow them to create a wide range of wine styles.
This fine wine has a balanced and complex palate of tannins, dark fruit, and vanilla. Tobacco, blackberry, and blackcurrant notes give way to a long elegant finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Lamb|Barbecue|Smoked Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket