As the wine that was the inspiration for Turton Wines' founding, Georgian wine continues to have unrivalled breadth. Widely acknowledged as the origin of wine as we know it, Georgia began production over 8,000 years ago and has sites of ancient winemaking with protected status from UNESCO. Famed for their ancient Qvevri winemaking method and the ability to not only produce superb red, white and orange dry wines, but superb and quintessentially Georgian semi-sweet wines of all types.
Tbilvino present a dry Kisi wine, a native grape popular for white and orange wines that was nearly extinct by 2000. With limited quantities produced each year, Tbilvino Special Reserve uses only the finest grapes from their Kakheti vineyards selected for flavour intensity, balance and crispness of fresh fruit acids. Straw yellow in appearance with a bouquet of tropical fruit, citrus, smoke and nuts. The palate brings pear, citrus and green tea. Zippy character with a harmonious velvety finish. Try with seafood, steamed fish, roast chicken, spiced salads or goats cheese.
Tbilvino were established in 1962 and are a leading producer of Georgian wines. Their main winery and vineyards are rest in the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains in Kakheti overlooking the fertile Alazani River Valley, with a second winery in the capital, Tbilisi (Kartli). Their team of experienced winemakers and a mix of modern and traditional fermentation methods allow them to create a wide range of wine styles.
Many Georgian wines source grapes from small family vineyards, so ingrained in culture that they are a strong part of family heritage. There are several wine regions that hold 18 Specific Viticultural Areas held in high regard, with careful monitoring and low yields. The ancient Qvevri method is still in wide use. Qvevri are large clay pots, buried underground to their necks for perfect fermentation and ageing temperature, often with skins and stems for full concentration. This method is a key part of orange wine production.
Straw yellow in appearance with a bouquet of tropical fruit, citrus, smoke and nuts. The palate brings pear, citrus and green tea. Zippy character with a harmonious velvety finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Fish|Chicken|Salad|Goats Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Tbilvino Kisi Special Reserve: