The Takar range from Armenia Wine Company celebrates the country's 6200 years of wine history, with varietal wines of native, ancient grapes. This white uses Kangun, a grape that is a hybrid of East European flagship Rkatsiteli and Bukholimansky Bely. The crossing was so successful that Kangun is one of the most planted native grapes in Armenia, with versatility allowing it to be used for still and sparkling wines, as well as Armenian brandy. Grapes are hand harvested from high altitude vineyards in the Aragatsotn region before partial fermentation in French and Armenian oak barrels.
The result is a wine of light straw yellow appearance with a aromas typical of quality Kangun; quince, mango, melon, pear alongside good floral complexity and nuances of toast and vanilla from the short oak treatment. The soft, juicy mid-weight palate balances rich fruit and rounded texture with lively acidity, complemented by the creamy, fruity finish. Try with seafood, fish, or avocado salads, stuffed peppers, goats cheese, or even fruit pie desserts.
The family owned Armenia Wine Company strive to balance ancient traditions with the newest technology whilst upholding respect for nature. Founded in 2006 with its own estate vineyards, it is an icon of modern winemaking in Armenia with many award winning wines and the ability to shed light on the ancient winemaking regions and native grapes of the country, that had still remained undiscovered by many. They work in four main winemaking regions – Armavir, Ararat, Aragatsotn and Vayots Dzor.
Aromas of quince, mango, melon, pear alongside good floral complexity and nuances of toast and vanilla from the short oak treatment. The soft, juicy mid-weight palate balances rich fruit and rounded texture with lively acidity, complemented by the creamy, fruity finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Salad|Seafood|Fish|Vegetables|Goats Cheese|Desserts|
|Producer:||Armenia Wine Company|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket