Nestled in the Nashik Valley, Sula harvest Shiraz grapes from their vineyards at 600m altitude with red soil composed of clay and gravel. Cold soaked and fermented in stainless steel with regular, gentle pump-overs. Influenced with a subtle oak character to impart complexity and structure.
The result is a wine of deep purple appearance with peppery and smoky bacon notes alongside ripe blackberry and blueberry. The smooth palate enlivens with an added touch of black pepper, chocolate and vanilla on the lingering finish. Try with South Asian cuisine, particularly red meat grills and spicy lamb curries.
Situated in Nashik, India's largest grape-growing region, Sula Vineyards was set up in 1997 and pioneered the growing of the French varieties Sauvignon Blanc and Chenin Blanc. Sula now cultivates Shiraz and Zinfandel amongst others and is broadly recognised as India's premium wine producer. They are eco-friendly with sustainable viticulture and winemaking, ensuring fair livelihoods for their farmers across Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Peppery and smoky bacon notes alongside ripe blackberry and blueberry. The smooth palate enlivens with an added touch of black pepper, chocolate and vanilla on the lingering finish.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Curry|South Asian dishes|Beef|Lamb|Pork|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket