Serra Mae Castaleo
Portugal's Sivipa use the oldest local Castaleo vines in their Palmela area, with an average age of 35 years on free-draining, sandy soils. Naturally fermented with no added yeast and then aged in longstanding concrete vats, the wine is left to settle and stabilise before bottling with no fining or filtration.
The result is a traditional, rustic-style wine appearing ruby red with garnet hues. Aromas of red cherry, bramble fruit and woody herbs precede a palate of fresh acidity, balance, and just a little bit of chew before a lingering finish. The perfect match for slow-roast lamb, toad in the hole, game dishes or mature, hard cheeses.
Sivipa was originally founded by a group of growers and now envelops all wines made by the Cordoso family. Their main winery in Palmela still uses concrete fermentation vessels dating back three generations and they pride themselves on their Castaleo old vines.
Aromas of red cherry, bramble fruit and woody herbs precede a palate of fresh acidity, balance, and just a little bit of chew before a lingering finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Lamb|Game|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket