Porta dos Cavaleiros red uses native grape varieties from vineyards situated in some of the best terroirs of the Dão region of Portugal. Touriga Nacional, Alfrocheiro and Aragonez grapes create a deep ruby coloured wine with intense aromas of dried cherry, rose petal, tobacco, white pepper and flint.
The palate shows red berry and fresh cherry with outside floral notes, mineral, pipe tobacco and forest floor. Great balancing acidity and excellent length on the finish. Try with lamb or duck in fruity sauces, rich pies, or even spicy Thai cuisine.
The Porta Dos Cavaleiros range is produced by Caves São João, who have one of the oldest cellars in Portugal reflecting their history and reputation. Founded in 1920, they recently celebrated their Centenary. Known for their world class sparkling wines since 1930, their still wines are highly respected and use a mixture of Portuguese and international grape varieties. They work across the regions of Bairrada and Dão.
|Grape:||Touriga Nacional 40% Alfrocheiro 30% Aragonez 30%|
Intense aromas of dried cherry, rose petal, tobacco, white pepper and flint. The palate shows red berry and fresh cherry with outside floral notes, mineral, pipe tobacco and forest floor. Great balancing acidity and excellent length on the finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Duck|Pastries|East Asian dishes|
|Producer:||Caves Sao Joao|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket