Perrier-Jouët's Belle Epoque vintage cuvée first appeared in 1964 and is instantly recognisable throughout the world, with artwork from 1902 Art Nouveau master Emile Gallé. For this vintage, Pinot Noir grapes are selected from two crus, Verzy and Mailly-Champagne, both characterised by their chalky soils. Signature Chardonnay grapes come from Grand Cru terroirs in the Côte des Blancs. This vintage is aged on lees in bottle for a minimum of 6 years.
The result is an elegantly structured cuvée with a clear floral dimension. A pale, translucent gold with glints of apple green. The nose gives an impression of freshness and delicacy, with rich nuances of ripe pear, grapefruit, lime, green pepper and white flowers. The palate brings a lush, creamy texture, floral linden blossom, pear, mandarin and grapefruit zest. Try with king prawns with creamy polenta, young turnips, rich fish dishes and hard mature cheese such as Parmesan or Comté.
Pierre-Nicolas Perrier and Rose-Adélaïde Jouët shared a love of nature and the arts and in 1811 founded Maison Perrier-Jouët. The family philosophy of creative freedom and an unconventional observation of nature is intrinsic to the values that shape the Champagne House today.
|Grape:||Pinot Noir 50% Chardonnay 45% Pinot Meunier 5%|
Fresh aromas of ripe pear, grapefruit, lime, green pepper and white flowers. The palate brings a lush, creamy texture, floral linden blossom, pear, mandarin and grapefruit zest.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Shellfish|Seafood|Fish|Vegetables|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery