Rich and lusciously sweet, traditional Sicilian Marsala is a fortified wine using native grapes. Pellegrino's Marsala Superiore uses traditional Grillo, Catarratto and Insolia grapes with a minimum of two years' oak ageing in the Solera system.
Deep gold in colour, Garibaldi Dolce shows intense with wood and caramel scents. Soft, full and agreeably sweet on the palate with flavours of fig, prune and caramel. Try chilled with chocolate desserts or strong cheeses.
First created in the Sicilian town of the same name, Marsala became hugely popular, especially in Victorian England, during the 19th century. Cantine Pellegrino were at the heart of this. Founded in 1880 by Paolo Pellegrino, they began exporting their Marsala throughout the British Empire. Today the company is still family owned and has become an undisputed market leader with its wines appreciated in every corner of the world.
|Grape:||Grillo, Catarratto, Insolia|
Shows intense with wood and caramel scents. Soft, full and agreeably sweet on the palate with flavours of fig, prune and caramel.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Desserts|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket