Winemaker extraordinaire showcases Antao Vaz from the Alentejo region with Pato Frio (which means cold duck), an intense, fresh white. The intense tropical fruit nose is overlaid with hints of citrus and minerals. On the palate it is rounded with notable freshness that lifts the fruity component of the wine with a long, mineral and persistent finish. Try with Moules Mariniére, chicken stews, vegetables such as squash and asparagus, or soft cheeses.
The ultra modern winery on the hillside near Vidigueira is the home of the amazing Ribafreixo Wines project. The winemaker Paulo Laureano – renowned for his “art of crafting wines of excellence” – is one of the fundamental drivers of their growing success and recognition. He champions Portuguese varieties unique to the schist soils of the Vidigueira region such as Antao Vaz.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Antao Vaz 100%|
The intense tropical fruit nose is overlaid with hints of citrus and minerals. On the palate it is rounded with notable freshness that lifts the fruity component of the wine with a long, mineral and persistent finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Chicken|Stew/Casserole|Vegetables|Soft Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Pato Frio Antao Vaz
Antao Vaz 100%