Paolo Leo Salice Salentino Riserva
Cantine Paolo Leo bring true Italian expertise in their range of wines from the Salento appellation of Puglia. The Salice Salentino PDO gains its status as a true representation of the finest that Salento can offer. Negroamaro is the main varietal, blended with a small amount of other native Apulian red varieties from this select area. This Riserva uses hand harvested old vine grapes (average 50 years) aged for at least 24 months before release, with 12 months in French oak barriques, 6 months in large oak barrels, 4 months in steel and the remainder in bottle.
Ruby red in colour with garnet reflections, this wine has a powerful nose of jammy fruit reminiscent of berries, plums and medlars. They are joined by spices playing on shades of black pepper, liquorice and anise. The round and full body is harmonious, with silky enveloping tannins and a persistent, decisive and warm finish. Try with pan-fried meats, spicy vegetables, long-cooked stews or roast pork.
The Paolo Leo line represents the history and hard work of a family that more than thirty years ago decided to launch its first bottles on the market, with an international reputation following soon after. Wines reflect their passion and taste with vineyards located in the heart of the Negroamaro Park, with predominantly clay-limestone soils. Cellars are located in Salice Salentino DOC and Primitivo di Manduria DOC, and are equipped with state of the art vinification systems. Most wines use organic-certified farming methods.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Negroamaro 85% and other autochthonous vines included in the denomination|
Powerful nose of jammy fruit reminiscent of berries, plums and medlars. They are joined by spices playing on shades of black pepper, liquorice and anise. The round and full body is harmonious, with silky enveloping tannins and a persistent, decisive and warm finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Pork|Lamb|Roast vegetables|Stew/Casserole|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket