Cantine Paolo Leo bring true Italian expertise in their range of wines from the Salento appellation of Puglia. Their Primitivo (an ancient native variety) uses grapes from the rural area of Sava and Manduria in the Taranto province, manually harvested into small crates before fermentation in stainless steel with daily pump-overs. Malolactic fermentation takes place for a further 5 months, continuing in steel.
Ruby red with violet reflections in appearance, the nose shows delicate fragrances of cherry and small red fruits. The palate brings forward blackberry, mulberry and raspberry, with fine freshness, silky tannins, and round and enveloping mouthfeel. Try with meatballs in sauce, baked aubergine parmigiana, or other long-baked dishes.
The Paolo Leo line represents the history and hard work of a family that more than thirty years ago decided to launch its first bottles on the market, with an international reputation following soon after. Wines reflect their passion and taste with vineyards located in the heart of the Negroamaro Park, with predominantly clay-limestone soils. Cellars are located in Salice Salentino DOC and Primitivo di Manduria DOC, and are equipped with state of the art vinification systems. Most wines use organic-certified farming methods.
Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans
Delicate fragrances of cherry and small red fruits. The palate brings forward blackberry, mulberry and raspberry, with fine freshness, silky tannins, and round and enveloping mouthfeel.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Paolo Leo Primitivo