Paolo Leo Passo Del Cardinale Primitivo di Manduria
Cantine Paolo Leo bring true Italian expertise in their range of wines from the Salento appellation of Puglia. This Primitivo di Manduria uses grapes from the premium PDO of the same name, known for producing the highest quality Primitivo wines. Grapes are manually harvested with maceration on skins, three months ageing in American oak barrels and 6 months in stainless steel tank.
This wine is intense deep ruby red in colour with a pronounced nose of blackberry, cassis and blackcurrant, that fade into notes of liquorice and coffee. The taste is decisive, with velvety and enveloping tannins. The freshness is structural and offers a persistent finish of berry jam and spices. Try with sliced beef and grilled steaks. well seasoned main courses based on red sauces, aged cheeses, forest mushrooms or game.
The Paolo Leo line represents the history and hard work of a family that more than thirty years ago decided to launch its first bottles on the market, with an international reputation following soon after. Wines reflect their passion and taste with vineyards located in the heart of the Negroamaro Park, with predominantly clay-limestone soils. Cellars are located in Salice Salentino DOC and Primitivo di Manduria DOC, and are equipped with state of the art vinification systems. Most wines use organic-certified farming methods.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Region/Appellation:||Puglia/Primitivo di Manduria|
A pronounced nose of blackberry, cassis and blackcurrant, that fade into notes of liquorice and coffee. The taste is decisive, with velvety and enveloping tannins. The freshness is structural and offers a persistent finish of berry jam and spices.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Mature Cheese|Mushroom|Game|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket