Bordeaux's Margaux wines benefit from a unique microclimate between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gironde estuary. Chateau Desmirail blend majority Cabernet Sauvignon with secondary Merlot. Grapes are hand harvested and the different parcels are vinified separately. Pumping over and maceration depend on the tasting of each tank, before blending and then maturation in oak barrels for 10 to 12 months.
Origine de Desmirail shows intense aromas of spice and black cherries underlaid by more delicate red and black berry fruits, subtle leather and tobacco. Pleasantly light and silky on the palate with excellent balance and a ripe raspberry finish. Try with duck fillet, mushroom risotto, or cheese boards.
Chateau Desmirail is run by Denis Lurton of the Lucien Lurton family. The cellar features a vat room typical of late 19th century Médoc. The secret of their Margaux terroir is the gravel stones that store the sun’s heat, radiating back to the soil, helping to guard against frosts and encourage sugars. This is perfect for growing Cabernet Sauvignon, which account for 70% of vines, smaller plantings of Merlot (29%) and Petit Verdot (1%). They use sustainable, environmentally friendly methods with minimum use of pesticides.
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon 65% Merlot 35%|
Intense aromas of spice and black cherries underlaid by more delicate red and black berry fruits, subtle leather and tobacco. Pleasantly light and silky on the palate with excellent balance and a ripe raspberry finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Origine de Desmirail Margaux:
Cabernet Sauvignon 65% Merlot 35%