This Hungarian wine from Nyakas Winery harvests Irsai Oliver grapes from the region of Etyek-Buda. Vineyards hold chernozem brown forest soils resting on lime-based rock and have an average age of 17 years. Grapes go through quick processing gentle cool fermentation to retain purity.
The result is a wine of yellow-green colour, with an elegant floral, fruity bouquet. The palate shows characteristics of floral Muscat flavours and gentle acids, combined with a delicious, slightly peppery, spicy undertone to deliver a classy, yet subtle, dry white. Try with fresh salads and herbs, white fish, roast vegetables, fruit pastries, or soft light cheeses.
A tiny settlement lying at the foot of the Nyakas Hill in Etyek-Buda is home to the Nyakas Cellar. They specialise in creating fresh, reductive white wines, rich in fragrant essences and flavours. They produce a mixture of native and international grape varieties on 190 hectares: Irsai Oliver, Chardonnay, Müller Thurgau, Sauvignon blanc, Pinot Gris, Kadarka, Pinot noir, Merlot and Kékfrankos.
An elegant floral, fruity bouquet. The palate shows characteristics of floral Muscat flavours and gentle acids, combined with a delicious, slightly peppery, spicy undertone to deliver a classy, yet subtle, dry white.
|Appearance:||Lemon & Green Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Salad|Fish|Roast vegetables|Pastries|Soft Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery