This handy half size bottle of Ruby port from Niepoort Wines showcases a classic, rich wine that is part of the 'Niepoortland' collection, taking inspiration from the Alice in Wonderland story. This 'Dum' port compliments the other 'Dee' and 'White Rabbit' ports.
A 7-grape blend of wines with most grapes trodden and fermented in granite lagares. Ageing is in large old vats (toneis and balseiros) in the cool cellars of Vila Nova de Gaia, where oxidative development is minimal.
The resulting ruby port wine exhibits assertive bright primary fruit and youthful, strong character. The palate is dominated by red cherries and plums with great freshness. Try with berry pies, dark chocolate desserts, or mature hard cheeses.
Founded in 1842, Niepoort Wines is now run by 5th generation Dirk Niepoort. Small in nature, it has built a formidable international reputation for its port and still wines, with demand threatening to outstrip supply.
Bottle Size 37.5cl
|Grape:||Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinto Cão, Tinta Francisca, Tinta Amarela, Sousão, Tinta Roriz|
Exhibits assertive bright primary fruit and youthful, strong character. The palate is dominated by red cherries and plums with great freshness.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pastries|Desserts|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket