This rustic Greek red from Monemvasia Winery showcases native Agiorgitiko and Mavroudi grapes. The vines are grown on the peninsula of Maleus at the edge of the Parnonas mountain range, up to 500 metres above sea level. Extended maceration and fermentation was followed by malolactic fermentation, before the wine was matured in new oak barrels for 12 months. Only released after significant bottle ageing.
Monemvasios is gloriously aromatic with primary red fruit and black cherry aromas complemented by complex notes of mocha, coffee, vanilla and toasted nuts. Round and balanced, with ripe tannins, velvety texture and a sublimely long aftertaste. Try with roast lamb, tomato pastas, spicy South Asian cuisine or hard cheeses.
The Monemvasia Winery in Tsimbidi, part of the Pelopennese wine region, was founded in 1997 with a clear objective: to revive the production of Malvasia wine in its birth place of Greece where, after 300 years, it had fallen out of production. They created the first privately owned 121 hectares of vineyard planted with local varieties and are committed to producing quality wines which showcase the characteristics of these varieties.
|Grape:||Agiorgitiko 90% Mavroudi 10%|
Primary red fruit and black cherry aromas complemented by complex notes of mocha, coffee, vanilla and toasted nuts. Round and balanced, with ripe tannins, velvety texture and a sublimely long aftertaste.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Pasta|South Asian dishes|Curry|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Agiorgitiko 90% Mavroudi 10%