Mesta is modern range of organically and sustainably grown single varietal wines from the fashionable DO Uclés area in central Castile. Tempranillo grapes are harvested from high-altitude vineyards at night and in the early morning. A short pre-fermentation and cold maceration before fermentation in stainless steel. No malolactic conversion to retain crisp character.
The result is a crisp, aromatic wine of light lemon appearance. The lovely herbal bouquet of white pepper, grass and fennel is layered with fresh notes of pineapple and lime. All this is reflected on the dry and zesty palate with a citrus finish. Try with citrus enhanced dishes such as stuffed vine leaves or salads, or with Mexican cuisine such as fish tacos and chicken enchiladas.
The Mesta range offers wines of great purity and varietal typicity, stylishly showcase the Spanish wine revolution under the symbol of the Mesta; a powerful alliance of sheep ranchers in medieval Castile, who controlled the cañadas - traditional rights of way for migrating sheep. Cañadas are still protected and are a model of coexistence with nature.
A lovely herbal bouquet of white pepper, grass and fennel is layered with fresh notes of pineapple, lime and white pepper. All this is reflected on the dry and zesty palate with a citrus finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Mesta Organic Verdejo