Portuguese wines from the Dao region should always demonstrate a certain succulence from a combination of altitude and granitic soils, but Quinta das Maias go the extra mile with their Tinto. Grapes are grown on even higher vineyards (around 650m), with this Jaen (Mencia)-dominated blend capturing delicious crunchy fruit in the glass.
Jaen joins Touriga Nacional, Alfrocheiro and Tinta Roriz with ageing in stainless steel using indigenous yeasts. The result is a medium bodied wine of perfectly clear, brilliant ruby colour. The intense fruit bouquet brings wild blackberry and cassis to the fore, before a powerful palate balanced by soft tannins and a long, fruity finish. Try with roasted meats and vegetables.
Quinta das Maias sits in the foothills of the Serra de Estrela (Star Mountain) and was first established in 1893. It is now a registered organic estate, capturing the freshness and focus that this vineyard offers.
|Grape:||Jaen 40% Touriga Nacional 30% Alfrocheiro 20% Tinta Roriz 10%|
A medium bodied wine with intense fruit bouquet bringing wild blackberry and cassis to the fore, before a powerful palate balanced by soft tannins and a long, fruity finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Roast vegetables|Chicken|Beef|Pork|Lamb|
|Producer:||Quinta das Maias|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Jaen 40% Touriga Nacional 30% Alfrocheiro 20% Tinta Roriz 10%