White Port is new style of port, originally created for the younger generation of port lovers and proving a great success. A more youthful and fresher style that can be drunk chilled on its own, over ice, or even as a summer cocktail. Traditional native white grapes are fermented, fortified and then spend time in French oak barrels (40%) and stainless steel (60%).
Lemon-gold in appearance, Magalhaes White Port is medium dry with aromas of spring flowers and ripe white fruit. The palate shows sweet melon and quince, with refreshing citrus acidity and elegance. Try drinking over ice or mix with tonic water or soda and garnish with lemon or mint. Good with light starters or a range of cheeses.
Quinta do Silval has been a well known port producer since the 1800’s. The estate has 22 hectares of vineyards across the famous parishes of Vale de Mendiz and Roncão, all A-rated; the highest possible vineyard classification in the Douro Demarcated Region. The owners descend from one of the three Magalhães family branches, a name in use since 1870. Each bottle and label is packed with history.
|Grape:||Malvasia Fina, Codega, Rabigato|
Aromas of spring flowers and ripe white fruit. The palate shows sweet melon and quince, with refreshing citrus acidity and elegance. Try drinking over ice or mix with tonic water or soda and garnish with lemon or mint.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Magalhaes White Port:
Malvasia Fina, Codega, Rabigato