The native grapes for this Special Reserve Ruby Port from Magalhaes come from their A-rated vineyard at Vale de Mendiz in Pinhão River Valley, with acidic and schistic soil and an altitude of 250-350m. Average age of the vines is over 30 years. Fermentation at controlled temperature and fortified with local brandy at 77%, before ageing in stainless steel to soften and evolve the wine.
Deep ruby in colour, it retains a fresh and fruity character. The elegant bouquet is packed with red fruit, falling on to the smooth palate with a persistent finish. Try with hard cheeses or dark chocolate-based desserts.
Quinta do Silval has been a well known port producer since the 1800’s. The estate has 22 hectares of vineyards across the famous parishes of Vale de Mendiz and Roncão, all A-rated; the highest possible vineyard classification in the Douro Demarcated Region. The owners descend from one of the three Magalhães family branches, a name in use since 1870. Each bottle and label is packed with history.
|Grape:||Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca|
Soft with a fresh and fruity character. The elegant bouquet is packed with red fruit, falling on to the smooth palate with a persistent finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Hard Cheese|Desserts|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Magalhaes Special Reserve Ruby Port:
Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca