This sparkling wine from Luis Pato is an excellent example of the clay and sand soils of their Barraida vineyards in Portugal. Maria Gomes and Baga grapes thrive in the region, and here Luis Pato blend the two (majority Maria Gomes) with fermentation in stainless steel for 15 days before 5 months in bottle prior to release.
The result is a fresh with lovely sweet-floral fruits on the nose, and a touch of toasty and biscuit character. Dry on the palate, but not too Brut, it is packed with apple, fresh lemon, white plum and white flowers. Try with white meat, fish and vegetables.
Luís Pato has been making wine in Portugal since 1980, ten years after his father became the first producer to estate bottle wines after the Bairrada DOC was granted. 30 vintages later, Luis has 60 hectares of vines, majoring on Baga, Bical and Maria Gomes. Winemaking has moved from the family estate in Ois do Bairro to a smart winery in Amoreira de Gandara, and Luis Pato enjoys a glowing global reputation.
|Grape:||Maria Gomes 85% Baga 15%|
The result is a fresh with lovely sweet-floral fruits on the nose, and a touch of toasty and biscuit character. Dry on the palate, but not too Brut, it is packed with apple, fresh lemon, white plum and white flowers.
|Wine Making Process:||Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Luis Pato Maria Gomes Brut
Maria Gomes 85% Baga 15%