This fragrant Haut-Medoc Bordeaux from Chateau de Villegeorge uses hand picked grapes from vineyard blocks of deep gravel soils. Fermentation takes place in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks, before 20 days maturing then ageing in vats for 14 months.
The nose brings a bouquet of peonies with a light dusting of pepper and lots of brambly berry fruits. The palate is packed with strawberry, blackberry and raspberry, complimenting the smooth, medium texture before a succulent finish. Try with grilled red meats, roast poultry or hard cheeses.
The vineyard of Lucien Lurton's Chateau de Villegeorge is 12.32 hectares and is situated on the commune of Avensan. The vineyard blocks are made up of deep gravel soils and every stage of production is carefully adapted to each block. Their viticulture has been certified sustainable by Terra Vitis since 2003.
|Grape:||Merlot 50% Cabernet Sauvignon 50%|
The nose brings a bouquet of peonies with a light dusting of pepper and lots of brambly berry fruits. The palate is packed with strawberry, blackberry and raspberry, complimenting the smooth, medium texture before a succulent finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Chicken|Turkey|Hard Cheese|
|Producer:||Chateau de Villegeorge|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery