A savoury white wine from the Monterrei region of Galicia in the North West of Spain, Lagar da Xestosa uses native Godello grapes from low-yield, 30 year old vineyards rich in black slate. Hand picked with fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures, before being kept in contact with the lees for two months.
This wine displays great minerality and texture with sweet-sour fruit of optimal ripeness and freshness, white flowers, pronounced citric (lemongrass) flavours, good balance and a spicy and citric finish. Try with light fish and shellfish dishes.
Lagar da Xestosa is produced by Adegas Pazo do Mar, born in 2002 of a 30-year family vocation which respects and admires the age-old Ribeiro wine-making traditions, but has a fresh spirit and vision for the future. They are dedicated to the production of native varietals, including Godello, achieving characterful wines with distinctive freshness.
This wine displays great minerality and texture with sweet-sour fruit of optimal ripeness and freshness, white flowers, pronounced citric (lemongrass) flavours, good balance and a spicy and citric finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage:||2019 / 2021|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Lagar da Xestosa|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery