This Zinfandel (Primitivo) from Mexico's LA Cetto is a shining example of the versatility of Baja California. Grapes are sourced from their Valle de Guadalupe vineyards and are unoaked, with fermentation at controlled temperatures.
Vivid ruby red in colour, this wine shows intense fruity aromas of raspberry, blackberries and redcurrant. The exceptionally jammy palate brings these forward with subtle vanilla, pepper and spice for balanced character. Try with beef or pork dishes, pizza and barbecue cuisine, brie or camembert style cheeses.
LA Cetto was founded in 1928 by Italian immigrant Angelo Cetto, who sowed the noble European wine tradition in the fertile lands of Baja California. After further generations took the reigns in Valle de Guadalupe, the first LA Cetto varietal line was launched in 1983. The winery now benefits from a range of soils and microclimates across Valle de Guadalupe, Valle Redondo, San Vicente, San Antonio de las Minas and Tecate, with some plots hosting vines that are up to 80 years old.
|Region/Appellation:||Baja California/Valle de Guadalupe|
Intense fruity aromas of raspberry, blackberries and redcurrant. The exceptionally jammy palate brings these forward with subtle vanilla, pepper and spice for balanced character.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Pork|Barbecue|Pizza|Soft Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
LA Cetto Zinfandel: