One of finest of Mexico's LA Cetto, this Nebbiolo Private Reserve sources grapes from vineyards in Valle de Guadalupe. Undergoing malolactic fermentation before 14 months spent maturing in French oak barrels, it is a wine of great complexity and sophistication, able hold its own against Italy's Barolo's with deep fruit and spice.
Intense ruby red with pomegranate reflections, it shows satisfying aromas of ripe red and black fruits with fig and cherry standing out, as well as tea, rose, mint, chocolate, liquorice and truffles, The brilliantly complex palate shows deep fruit and a fantastic earthy quality, with hints of tobacco, leather and walnut. A superb partner to rich, gamey dishes, steaks, tomato pastas, mature hard cheeses, and of course, spicy Mexican cuisine.
LA Cetto was founded in 1928 by Italian immigrant Angelo Cetto, who sowed the noble European wine tradition in the fertile lands of Baja California. After further generations took the reigns in Valle de Guadalupe, the first LA Cetto varietal line was launched in 1983. The winery now benefits from a range of soils and microclimates across Valle de Guadalupe, Valle Redondo, San Vicente, San Antonio de las Minas and Tecate, with some plots hosting vines that are up to 80 years old.
|Region/Appellation:||Baja California/Valle de Guadalupe|
Satisfying aromas of ripe red and black fruits with fig and cherry standing out, as well as tea, rose, mint, chocolate, liquorice and truffles, The brilliantly complex palate shows deep fruit and a fantastic earthy quality, with hints of tobacco, leather and walnut.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Game|Beef|Pasta|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|Tapas|Mexican|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery