This edition of Krug's Grande Cuvee is a blend of 140 wines from 13 different years, the youngest of which is from 2010, while the oldest dates back to 1998. Its final composition is 45% Pinot Noir, 39% Chardonnay and 16% Pinot Meunier. It stays for approximately 7 years in the Krug cellars.
Light gold in colour, it shows fine, vivacious bubbles. Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread. Flavours of hazelnut, nougat, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds, brioche and honey. Try with charcuterie, oysters, grilled shrimps, Indian dishes, mature hard cheese, or desserts such as carrot cake and cheesecake.
The famous House of Krug was established in Reims in 1843 by Joseph Krug, a visionary whose dream was to craft the very best Champagne he could offer, every single year, regardless of annual variations in climate. Paying close attention to the vineyard’s character, respecting the individuality of each plot and its wine, as well as building an extensive library of reserve wines from many different years, he established the Krug name as synonymous with the best. Today, Krug offer seven Champagnes, all of the same quality, each illustrating a different expression of nature.
|Grape:||Pinot Noir 45% Chardonnay 39% Pinot Meunier 16%|
Fine, vivacious bubbles. Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread. Flavours of hazelnut, nougat, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds, brioche and honey.
|Wine Making Process:||Traditional Method|Lees|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Charcuterie|Seafood|Shellfish|South Asian dishes|Indian|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|Desserts|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket