As the wine that was the inspiration for Turton Wines' founding, Georgian wine continues to have unrivalled breadth. Widely acknowledged as the origin of wine as we know it, Georgia began production over 8,000 years ago and has sites of ancient winemaking with protected status from UNESCO. Famed for their ancient Qvevri winemaking method and the ability to not only produce superb red, white and orange dry wines, but superb and quintessentially Georgian semi-sweet wines of all types.
Mtsvivani Kakhuri is an ancient local grape variety so rare that it doesn’t appear in any wine book and appears to only grow in one vineyard in Kvareli on the southern slope of the Caucasus Mountains, owned by Koncho & Co. They have worked hard to salvage this variety and it's been well worth it.
This is a wine of tremendous character that is also very approachable. It displays a nose of wonderful peach, fennel, and walnut aromatics. On the off-dry paIate, it is creamy with a noticeable oaky influence that gives way to juicy and fruit forward notes of mandarin, apricot, and peach. Perfect for dinner parties or try with seafood dishes, sushi, softly spiced East Asian cuisine (noodles, curries), or mature cheeses.
Koncho & Co. is run by the Konchoshvili family, with the name reflecting their longstanding integration between church, family, and winemaking. Their wine cellar dates back to 1737, founded by a Konchoshvili ancestor who was winemaker to the Kakhetian King. Vineyards located 405m above sea level combined with a wealth of expertise have made Koncho and Co gain wide recognition for their cultivation of rare, indigenous grape varietals.
|Grape:||Mtsvivani Kakhuri 100%|
A nose of wonderful peach, fennel, and walnut aromatics. On the off-dry paIate, it is creamy with a noticeable oaky influence that gives way to juicy and fruit forward notes of mandarin, apricot, and peach.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Sushi|East Asian dishes|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Koncho & Co|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Koncho & Co Mtsvivani Kakhuri
Mtsvivani Kakhuri 100%