Kindzmaurauli Marani Alazani Valley Red
As the wine that was the inspiration for Turton Wines' founding, Georgian wine continues to have unrivalled breadth. Widely acknowledged as the origin of wine as we know it, Georgia began production over 8,000 years ago and has sites of ancient winemaking with protected status from UNESCO. Famed for their ancient Qvevri winemaking method and the ability to not only produce superb red, white and orange dry wines, but superb and quintessentially Georgian semi-sweet wines of all types.
Kindzmarauli Marani present a gentle semi-sweet red wine from Alazani Valley using hand picked Saperavi grapes with a touch of Cabernet Sauvignon from the sunny Alazani river slopes. Saperavi is the most popular native red grapes in the country, with great versatility and flavour. Warmer fermentation of the grapes brings fresher character, light ruby colour and aromas of cherry pie filling, redcurrants and crushed raspberries. These are joined on the palate by cranberry and pink grapefruit with a seam of acidity on the tasty, sweet finish. Try with light meals, salads, or with fruit pies, pastries or chocolate.
Kindzmarauli Marani was founded in 2001 in, of course, the Kindzmarauli appellation of Kakheti on the left bank of the Alazani River at the foot of the Caucus Mountains. This unique location and terroir enables the company to produce over 20 varieties of wine, including the infamous appellations of Kindzmarauli, Mukuzani, Tsinandali. Many wines produced by them have achieved international recognition over the past two decades.
Many Georgian wines source grapes from small family vineyards, so ingrained in culture that they are a strong part of family heritage. There are several wine regions that hold 18 Specific Viticultural Areas held in high regard, with careful monitoring and low yields. The ancient Qvevri method is still in wide use. Qvevri are large clay pots, buried underground to their necks for perfect fermentation and ageing temperature, often with skins and stems for full concentration. This method is a key part of orange wine production.
|Grape:||Saperavi & Cabernet Sauvignon|
Aromas of cherry pie filling, redcurrants and crushed raspberries. These are joined on the palate by cranberry and pink grapefruit with a seam of acidity on the tasty, sweet finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket