59N Cabernet Franc uses grapes from Kalos Wines' Barrancas vineyard in Maipu, Mendoza, which sits at an altitude of 759m with deep, alluvial and rocky soils. Vines are 20 years old and grapes go through 15-20 days' cold maceration before fermentation at controlled temperatures.
The result is a Cabernet Franc of deep ruby red ruby colour with violet reflections. The nose presents high intensity aromas of red fruits and spices, whilst the palate is very fruity and balanced with a long, persistent finish. Try with a variety of beef and pork dishes, tomato pastas, stuffed peppers, feta, goats cheese or brie.
Argentina's Kalós Wines 59 Novias range pays tribute to Calixto, the Losada familys grandfather, who boasted of having 59 girlfriends in his youth. The Losada family took up residence in Mendoza 20 years ago and decided to produce wines of the highest quality as a way to pay tribute to the wine of the region and thank local people for their hospitality. That is why the philosophy behind Kalós Wines is to produce high-quality wines in small quantities.
The nose presents high intensity aromas of red fruits and spices, whilst the palate is very fruity and balanced with a long, persistent finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Pork|Pasta|Vegetables|Roast vegetables|Feta|Goats Cheese|Soft Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery