Maison Joseph Drouhin present this premium French Pinot Noir from Cote de Beaune, Burgundy. Vineyards of chalky soils are naturally cultivated with an aim to keep yields low. Grapes are harvested by hand in small open crates before maceration and vinification for 2 to 3 weeks using indigenous yeasts. Daily punch downs and pump overs during fermentation, with ageing for 12 to 15 months in oak barrels, 10% new oak.
The result is a wine of beautiful purple colour. The nose is herbaceous with delicate fruity aromas of strawberry and red currant. This fruitiness falls on to the palate, alongside refined tannins and nice roundness to the body. Try with with roast pork, sea-salted crackling and seasonal vegetables.
Maison Joseph Drouhin was founded in 1880 and is known for rigorous attention to detail, self-imposed discipline, willingness to learn, passion and daring. These qualities alongside the fine art of winemaking have been handed down through the generations, and now with the fourth generation at the helm, the winery continues to thrive.
|Grape:||Pinot Noir 100%|
|Region/Appellation:||Burgundy/Cote de Beaune|
The nose is herbaceous with delicate fruity aromas of strawberry and red currant. This fruitiness falls on to the palate, alongside refined tannins and nice roundness to the body.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Vegetables|Roast vegetables|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Joseph Drouhin Côte de Beaune Rouge:
Pinot Noir 100%