The village of Meursault in Cote de Beaune, Burgundy, is famed for its unique take on Chardonnay wine. Jean-Michel Gaunoux et Fils create this wine with utmost respect for the terroir, using no chemicals in the vineyard and hand harvesting grapes sourced exclusively from the single vineyard 'Perrieres'. After a gentle pneumatic pressing, the juice is left over night to cold settle before a cool fermentation in steel. Ageing is in french barrique before bottling with a light filtration.
An excellent single vineyard Premier Cru Meursault showing a generous toasted almond nose with overtones of honey. The full bodied, complex palate has a silky texture intertwined with ripe fruit and buttery oak before a clean, mineral finish. Try with shellfish, trout or salmon, sweetly spiced East Asian dishes, garlic dishes, creamy mushroom sauces, or soft cheese.
Domaine Jean-Michel Gaunoux et Fils is an inherited family estate taken over in 1978 and covering an area of 6 hectares in the municipalities of Puligny, Meursault, Volnay and Pommard. Respect of terroir is key, with the estate managed in a sustainable way; no weedkiller is used and they only plow to preserve soils. All their wines are vinified with the utmost tradition.
A generous toasted almond nose with overtones of honey. The full bodied, complex palate has a silky texture intertwined with ripe fruit and buttery oak before a clean, mineral finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Shellfish|Fish|East Asian dishes|Garlic Dishes|Mushroom|Soft Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine Jean-Michel Gaunoux|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Domaine Jean Michel Gaunoux Mersault Perrieres Premier Cru: