The village of Meursault in Cote de Beaune, Burgundy, is famed for its unique take on Chardonnay wine. Jean-Michel Gaunoux et Fils create this wine with utmost respect for the terroir, using no chemicals in the vineyard and hand harvesting grapes sourced exclusively from the single vineyard 'Perrieres'. After a gentle pneumatic pressing, the juice is left over night to cold settle before a cool fermentation in steel. Ageing is in french barrique before bottling with a light filtration.
An excellent single vineyard Premier Cru Meursault showing a generous toasted almond nose with overtones of honey. The full bodied, complex palate has a silky texture intertwined with ripe fruit and buttery oak before a clean, mineral finish. Try with shellfish, trout or salmon, sweetly spiced East Asian dishes, garlic dishes, creamy mushroom sauces, or soft cheese.
Domaine Jean-Michel Gaunoux et Fils is an inherited family estate taken over in 1978 and covering an area of 6 hectares in the municipalities of Puligny, Meursault, Volnay and Pommard. Respect of terroir is key, with the estate managed in a sustainable way; no weedkiller is used and they only plow to preserve soils. All their wines are vinified with the utmost tradition.
A generous toasted almond nose with overtones of honey. The full bodied, complex palate has a silky texture intertwined with ripe fruit and buttery oak before a clean, mineral finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Shellfish|Fish|East Asian dishes|Garlic Dishes|Mushroom|Soft Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine Jean-Michel Gaunoux|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery