This rich and deep Petite Sirah is produced by Ironstone Winery in the Lodi region of California. Grapes are grown at their Teichert Ranch vineyard in the Sloughouse sub-appellation, with stony soils. The wine is matured for 2 months in new French oak.
Deep purple in appearance, it brings bold aromas of warm berry pie and blueberry mixed with vanilla and a light pepper spice. Full flavours of lush berries mixed with dark chocolate, warm cedar, and vanilla fall on the palate, giving way to a delightfully smooth finish with moderate tannins. Try with braised beef or lamb with winter vegetables, or mushroom dishes.
Ironstone Winery began with John Kautz, a crop farmer in Californian Gold Rush country who saw the potential viticulture in the Lodi area, purchasing just 12 acres of land in the Sierra Foothills in 1948. By 1988 the Kautz family were amongst the top 10 grape growers in California and decided to produce wine of their own, building a state of the art winery at Ironstone Vineyards. Their philosophy is to bring a wide selection of great value, approachable wines with real family heart.
|Grape:||Petite Sirah 100%|
Bold aromas of warm berry pie and blueberry mixed with vanilla and a light pepper spice. Full flavours of lush berries mixed with dark chocolate, warm cedar, and vanilla, giving way to a delightfully smooth finish.
|World Type:||New World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Ironstone Petite Sirah:
Petite Sirah 100%