This fruity Merlot is produced by Ironstone Winery in the Lodi region of California. Grapes are grown at their Sloughouse and Mokelumne River sub-appellation vineyards, respectively noted for stony and fine sandy soils and a classic Mediterranean climate. The wine is matured for 2 months in new French oak.
This Merlot lavishes with rich, soft red and black fruit aromas. The palate brings flavours of ripe black cherries and plums, with notes of vanilla and toast on the rounded finish. Try with roast pork or turkey, tomato pastas, bean and pulse stews.
Ironstone Winery began with John Kautz, a crop farmer in Californian Gold Rush country who saw the potential viticulture in the Lodi area, purchasing just 12 acres of land in the Sierra Foothills in 1948. By 1988 the Kautz family were amongst the top 10 grape growers in California and decided to produce wine of their own, building a state of the art winery at Ironstone Vineyards. Their philosophy is to bring a wide selection of great value, approachable wines with real family heart.
Rich, soft red and black fruit aromas. The palate brings flavours of ripe black cherries and plums, with notes of vanilla and toast on the rounded finish.
|World Type:||New World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket